Navy provides the perfect base colour for lighter shades, so pastel or light, neutral colours are an ideal choice — pastel pink, light blue or grey, for example.
- 1 Is navy blue dress appropriate for a wedding?
- 2 What Colour goes best with navy blue dress?
- 3 What compliments a navy blue dress?
- 4 Is it OK to wear navy blue to a summer wedding?
- 5 What color should you not wear to a wedding?
- 6 Does black go with navy blue?
- 7 Does GREY go with navy blue?
- 8 What suit goes with navy dress?
- 9 What Colour goes with navy for a wedding?
- 10 Does navy go with GREY clothes?
- 11 Does forest green and navy blue match?
- 12 Can I wear black shoes with navy dress?
- 13 Does silver or gold go better with navy blue?
- 14 Can you wear navy to a fall wedding?
Evening Hues A wedding after 6:00 p.m. dictates a more formal evening atmosphere where long gowns are appropriate, in jewel tones, navy, or even metallic gold or silver. Men should wear suits and ties during the day and a black or dark navy blue tuxedo at night.
The Most Stylish Colors to Wear With Navy Blue
- Blue. You can also try a tonal look.
- Red. Add a little color with a bold tee.
- White. You can’t go wrong with navy and white.
- Beige. Beige is the perfect color if you want to stick to a neutral palette.
- Yellow. We love the addition of a mustard yellow.
Black-shaded hues like dusty purple, hunter green, and maroon share navy’s intensity and are likely to fade when paired with the dark-blue hue. Luckily, you’ll find plenty of colors, including mustard yellow, bright pink, cherry red, and even metallic gold, that go beautifully with navy blue.
You can’t go wrong with a pair of navy blue chino pants. If jeans are off limits and you’re looking for something more low-key than slacks to wear with a printed shirt, a pair of light chinos are generally appropriate for a casual summer wedding. Plus, lightweight fabric means you’ll be comfy in your outfit all day.
What color should you not wear to a wedding?
“Do not wear white, off-white, beige, cream, white lace, or any dress that could resemble a wedding dress,” added Stafford. Moral of the story? Keep it simple and drama free; if there’s white, look for an alternative. White is still the main colour you can’t wear to a wedding.
The short answer is yes, you can wear navy blue with black. Black and navy are predominant colors in a man’s wardrobe with good reason. Both colors are flattering and pair well with almost anything you could imagine. Here are few tips to keep in mind before trying what is sure to become your new favorite style uniform.
4. Grey and navy blue. As with any dark paint colour it’s important to balance it with large areas of neutral to stop it being too overbearing in a room. The rich navy mixes beautifully with pale greys and lighter blues to create a gentle, natural colour combination.
I love the look of a charcoal or gray suit, and I think it would look fabulous against navy dresses. As a bonus, the gentlemen could simply wear a gray suit they already own, since a range of hues looks quite dapper.
Navy blue has been a hot wedding color for the past few years and still will be a trendy wedding color for 2021. It looks particularly nice when combined with burgundy, green, metallic gold, grey, mint, as well as warmer pastel tones such as peach, orange, and pink.
Gray. Gray is the perfect complement to navy.
Navy Blue and Green Navy and green give us preppy vibes, likely because many plaid prints include the same combination. Why Not Try A forrest green suit with a navy shirt, or navy pants with something lime on top.
As for shoes, you can ignore that old ” navy and black don’t mix” rule once and for all: Pairing your dress with black heels makes a flattering, sophisticated statement. Other footwear options: silver and gold (which really do go with everything), or a matching navy, which feels fresh.
Gold Accessories Gold pairs well with navy blue because of the way the dark color of your dress creates a chic backdrop for glitzy and bright accessories. Unlike silver that complements your dress’ color, gold is designed to stand out from your dark dress color.
Semi-formal fall wedding guest attire The rules for wearing semi-formal or cocktail attire don’t really change from season to season. Feel free to get creative with some of the season’s other dark hues, such as navy blue, burgundy, or brown.