Guide: How to Ship a Wedding Dress
- Use a small sturdy box. Cardboard boxes of various sizes can be purchased from your nearest office supply store or post office for a few dollars.
- Wrap with acid free tissue paper.
- Fold the dress carefully.
- Place in clear plastic bag.
- Seal with adhesive tape.
- Bonus Tips.
- 1 How do you ship a dress?
- 2 How much does a wedding dress weigh?
- 3 How much does it cost to ship a dress?
- 4 How do you ship a poofy dress?
- 5 Can I send clothes through post?
- 6 Can you send clothes in an envelope?
- 7 Is shipping cheaper with UPS or USPS?
- 8 What is the best way to store a wedding dress?
- 9 Can I put my wedding dress in a vacuum bag?
- 10 Can I fold my wedding dress?
- 11 How heavy is the heaviest wedding dress?
- 12 How many pounds does it take to drop a wedding dress size?
- 13 What are wedding dress sizes?
How do you ship a dress?
Here are a few tips:
- Wrap the dress in acid-free tissue paper. Encase in a clear plastic garment bag.
- Write “Wedding Dress” on the exterior of the box. Secure outside with tape.
- If possible, most bridal shops will ship a wedding dress on your behalf.
- How much does it cost to ship a wedding dress?
How much does a wedding dress weigh?
A average wedding dress weighs about 3kg or 7lbs, but of course there is a wide range. The easy way to find out what your dress weighs: Jump on your bathroom scales (without the dress) and note your weight.
How much does it cost to ship a dress?
USPS First Class Mail is cheapest overall at around the $5 mark, or even less depending on weight. Using an envelope or small box with USPS is roughly equivalent in price. In this case, either the envelope or the small Flat Rate box would get you postage at around $8.
How do you ship a poofy dress?
Fold the gown as required and use plastic to cover it (for the unlikely but possible event that the box gets wet). Seal the flaps and seams with strong mailing tape that is a minimum width of two inches. Place the shipping label on top and avoid putting the label over a seam/closure or on top of the tape.
Can I send clothes through post?
If a parcel contains cloth or woolen material it must be packed in a strong wrapper with an outer covering of stout card-board or cloth. It is suggested to use a wooden or a stout cardboard case according to the nature of the article for packing a parcel.
Can you send clothes in an envelope?
Most clothes that are shipped are sent in a simple plastic envelope called a poly mailer. They are inexpensive and practical as the clothes simply slide in and they can be fastened with ease. If you are shipping clothes that you have sold, then it is important to pack the clothes well.
Is shipping cheaper with UPS or USPS?
UPS is often more expensive than USPS due to fees and surcharges, especially when it comes to shipping smaller packages. Generally, USPS offers much better rates when shipping smaller packages less than two lbs., though UPS typically is a better choice when shipping larger, heavier packages by offering superior value.
What is the best way to store a wedding dress?
Place the dress in an acid-free container and store it in an area that is safe from harsh light or temperatures (think under a bed). You should also add silica desiccant packets inside the box for humidity control. Alternatively, you can use an acid-free plastic garment bag to hang the dress in a cool, dry closet.
Can I put my wedding dress in a vacuum bag?
Never store your dress in a vacuum sealed bag or plastic container! While this may seem like a great way to preserve your gown, plastic containers or bags emit fumes that can yellow or discolor the fabric. Additionally, moisture trapped within the container can cause a buildup of mildew or mold.
Can I fold my wedding dress?
If you do not have hanging space or will store for over a year, the gown could also be stored in the garment bag, folded once or twice and placed on a shelf or under a bed. If you have a large enough box, folding your gown in a similar fashion and storing flat is also a great option.
How heavy is the heaviest wedding dress?
The world’s heaviest wedding dress contains over one million beads and weighs 170 kilograms.
How many pounds does it take to drop a wedding dress size?
The average amount of weight it takes to move from one dress size to another is about 10 to 15 pounds. Moving from a size 16 to a size 12 means dropping two sizes, so you would need to lose 20 to 30 pounds.
What are wedding dress sizes?
Bridal sizing isn’t like typical street wear sizing. While you might be a size 4-6 in jeans, you’re in fact a bridal size 8-10, and if you’re a size 14-16, you’re likely a 18-20. Don’t worry about it–sizing is just a number! You’ll likely see most of our samples in a bridal size 8, 10, 12, 18, 20 or 22 to try on.