1) How did you get started?
My passion and love for everything beauty related began when my good friend Gabrielle introduced me to the "art of makeup". I was very shy at first, but after training with the skilled professionals at Metamorphosis I've had the desire to become one of the premier makeup artists in the NYC area.
2) Whats is the difference between Bridal Makeup and everyday Makeup?
Bridal makeup differs from everyday makeup in a couple of different ways.
Staying Power- You are ten times more nervous than any other day.Why? because you are marrying the man of your dreams. So, to insure that your makeup stays for the 8-10 hour day you are going to embark on, additional prepping steps have to be inplace.
Photos- Unlike everyday makeup your every move will be photographed with a high definition lens, so attention to detail is important as well as the product that is used and how its applied.
Real Life vs Photos- This is very important as well because no bride wants to feel like they have packed on makeup, and you want to insure that you still look like yourself, which is important. So these are just some things to consider.
3) How does a bride make sure her makeup lasts all day?
Skin prep is probably one of the most important steps in bridal makeup.
1. You want to hydrate your skin with a treatment depending on your skin type.
2. Hydrate eye area (very important so you don't have creasing in your under eye) .
3. Primer (there are different types based on your skin type).
4. Setting powder to keep makeup in place.
5. Setting spray to lock it in so it lasts all day.
4) Will you do a trial before my wedding ?
I highly recommend doing a trial before your wedding day. On your wedding day you are on a clock, you have many different moving pieces (bridal party, florist,last minute questions from the venue, etc) At the trial is where we create as many looks as you would like to see on your special day. This gives you a first hand look on how I work and also gives you ease on how long your look will take.
5) Do you recommend airbrush or regular foundation?
I highly recommend doing airbrush for many reasons. It lasts a lot longer than liquid or powder foundation. It doesn't transfer (to clothes or other people) like liquid and/or powder foundation will. It is air so it gives you the most flawless finish.
6) False Lashes ?
This is a personal preference. Big lashes give the illusion of a larger eye. If you haven't worn false lashes before, doing a trial to try on some different styles is very important. It can take 2-15 minutes to adjust to depending on the size.
7) Will I have to travel to you or can you come to me ?
I am a traveling makeup artist. I travel throughout the tristate area (New York,New Jersey,Pennsylvannia,Delaware) as well as other destinations for an additional fee.
8) Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day?
This is a great question and also a very important one. Depending on the size of the bridal party getting their makeup done, I will bring 1-4 assistants. I like to bring an assistant to clean brushes even if it is a small bridal party, that way everything runs smoothly. This minimizes the time needed for the bridal party to wake up for preparation and also allows me to focus on you.
9) What happens if you're sick or have an emergency on my wedding day?
Things happen, that is life and its normally unpredictable. Luckily for you I am backed by Metamorphosis which has a team of 350 makeup artists so you are in good hands should any emergency arise.
10) Will you bring your own products or will I be responsible for supplying them?
Unless you have a product that you never stray from I will be supplying everything. Even if you have allergies those are all things to be discussed on the trial and in those instances I will have the proper products.
11) If a bride was going to splurge on makeup for the wedding, what items should she choose?
I would always recommend purchasing loose setting powder, that way you can freshen your face and remove any oiliness.
Another great item to purchase would be the lip color that you choose to wear to the wedding day, so you can reapply as needed.
You also have the opportunity to purchase mink lashes should you want to go for a fuller glam look.
12) Any other tips or tricks for the special day?
Make sure you stay hydrated,drink lots of water.
Stick to your skin care routine daily and nightly.
Enjoy your special day, you dreamed about it and now it is here.
Beauty By Goldberg for Metamorphosis
Phone # (917) 324-9786